The Notification functionality in N-OC is for sending or receiving messages to other users or User Groups. This icon is associated with Notifications:
How to send notifications
- User A is logged in as Support. User B is logged in as ‘Robin’.
- Logged in as Support, user A wants to send a message to user B. To do so, user A clicks the envelope icon.
- This dialog window appears.
- The user clicks the Sent notifications tab and starts to type in the username 'Robin'. The name is shown below and the user clicks on this to select it. Note: The user can send to multiple users or User groups.
- Enter a Subject in the respective field. Write your message in the Content field then click the SEND NOTIFICATION button.
- You can see who has received the notifications from the RECEIVED NOTIFICATIONS tab.
- Logged in as User B 'Robin' wants to check his messages. The user can see that there is one unread message.
- The user clicks on the Envelope icon to open the dialog and read the message. User A's notification windows will display this sent message as "Is read".
- When User B clicks in the "Mark read" checkbox, the message is no longer displayed.